As of 2/14/2020: Here are some novels that I enjoyed. Maybe this will help you find new reading material?
Translated Asian Novels
- Coiling Dragon – This was my gateway into translated novels in general. It’s not really a great novel looking back but it was so new to me then. I was reading a lot of manga before this.
- Stellar Transformation – I read this since it was by same author of Coiling Dragon, I Eat Tomatoes (aka IET, 我吃西红柿). It is considered a sequel of sorts to Coiling Dragon.
- The Desolate Era – I was on a bit of an IET binge as you can tell. This one was the most memorable I feel of this trilogy
- I Shall Seal the Heavens – This was during the phase I was heavily reading Wuxia World and first of Er Gen’s novels that I read. Meng Hao was seriously hilarious. Just that after a while, I realized all of the xianxia novels were very male protagonist based so I started seeking out more female oriented novels. I have a bunch more novels from WuxiaWorld that I haven’t finished.
- 3L3W: Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms – Unfortunately, this is no longer available unless you can find a non blurred version online. You can also watch the drama series on Youtube or Netflix though!
- 3L3W: Pillow Book – I actually liked this one slightly more than Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms as I like Fengjiu and Dijun’s characters. I’m still settling an opinion of the drama since it’s in the middle of airing on Youtube. I am a sucker for white haired characters (see FFVII’s Sephiroth, Bleach’s Hitsugaya Toushiro, etc)
- Chongfei Manual
- Eight Treasures Trousseau
- Doomed to be Cannon Fodder
- The Rebirth of the Malicious Empress of Military Lineage – I was on a streak of transmigrating female heroine based novels but this one was very well done!
- Rebirth of the Thief Who Roamed the World – a bit of a guilty read as some of it is completely illogical or deus ex machina or plot armor as some of the commenters can attest
- The Founder of Diabolism aka MDZS – First danmei novel! Only read because I started watching the Untamed on Netflix. I was really mystified when I kept seeing the autoplay trailers for Untamed on Netflix because it seemed really really heavy on the bromance so I watched it out of curiosity since I could not figure out what the plot was from the summary or trailer. I also tend to like xianxia/wuxia as well. Warning, skip the extras if you do not want to read anything explicit/BL!
- Heaven’s Official Blessing – I read it because of the Untamed. It’s not explicit (which I like) though story wise, I feel its just under MDZS
- A Slight Smile is Very Charming – I read this and thought this was so cute way before the drama came out. Imagine my surprise when I saw Love O2O out on Netflix! I prefer the drama over the movie version.
- Seven Unfortunate Lifetimes
- To Be A Virtuous Wife
- Unruly Phoenix Xiaoyao – Xiaoyao is so funny lol. She is like a Chinese transmigrated Disney princess/superhero. It’s a gender-bending transmigration superpowers political romcom
Translation In Progress:
- Mei Gongqing – Hamster420 hardly ever updates but whenever I see this novel update, I read it right away!
- Quick Transmigration System: Male God, Come Here – I discovered this novel pretty recently and admittedly shirked on translating because I got caught up in binge reading the entire 400+ stack of translated chapters. I definitely had a few nights of lost sleep.
- A Record of a Mortal’s Journal to Immortality – It’s very slow paced and yet another xianxia based around a male protagonist but I find that it’s well done.
- Trash of the Count’s Family – Raon Miru! Love it!
- Fields of Gold – agricultural cooking transmigrating female protagonist
- Tyrannical Wang’s Beloved Wife – OMG, this is my favorite currently reading! The translator is really good and Jing Wan as a character along with Hong Ming Yuan are hilarious! Very well done characterizations.
- Library of Heaven’s Path – Incredibly long series that is still ongoing but it’s my guilty pleasure since it can be a bit repetitive. It’s comedic. I normally do not like to promote Qidian novels though as I detest what they stand for.
- Legendary Moonlight Sculptor – This was my gateway Korean novel
- My Death Flags Show No Sign of Ending – it’s infrequently updated but the plot is based on severe misunderstanding. I love Harold!
There are a bunch more that I am reading but some I am reading to finish whereas some I think are good now but have a possibility of declining just because of their genre. I’ll update as I read!
These are the opinions as written by the author of this blog, not facts and subject to debate! You have every right to your own opinion. 🙂